Monday, October 1, 2012

Almond Crusted Tilapia



As a new mom I still want to cook gourmet but now lack the ability to make repeated trips to the store for special ingredients and the time. So I've returned to my oldies but goodies...apologies if this is a repeat post, I'm working off limited sleep these days (and yes, I'm going to use that card as an excuse for everything from now on!)

Ingredients: 3 tilapia fillets (I use 3 to feed 2 since they're small and thin, grey poupon or other similar mustard, chopped almonds.

Directions: Chop almonds until fine but still have good sized nut chunks and place in a dredging dish. Squirt mustard, usually about 1/4- 1/2 cup in a dredging dish. Dry talapia fillets then salt and pepper them. Dredge in the mustard covering both sides completely, then dredge in the almond mixture covering completely. Cook in a skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes each side. Be careful, these cook fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment