Thursday, August 4, 2011

Asian Steak Lettuce Wraps

This is the epitame of balance to me...Great protien with vegetables in something that ISN'T a stir fry. Warning, I'm not putting exact measurements on these recipes because I think it's good to cook what you need and want.

Ingredients: flank steak, red peppers, onions, sliced carrots, asian dressing, romaine lettuce

Directions: Grill steak flipping after 2 minutes (it cooks quick since it's thin). Slice red peppers, onions and carrots and steam in a pan over medium heat with a few tbsps on water until cooked (I like them a little crunchy so I don't cook all the way through). Clean lettuce, break off white ends, add steak and veggies and top with a drizzle of an asian dressing (my favorite is a lite soy ginger).

Variation: Add mango for a sweet twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment