Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chicken Picatta


This is one of my favorite meals to order in the North End of Boston, Italian's finest, but I found the recipe to be a close second. For being given that kind of standard, it is VERY easy to make. This goes nicely with whole wheat pasta so cook according to directions on box.

Ingredients:
1 lb of chicken cutlets (thin cuts works best, but you can pound them if they're not), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, flour, 3 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 c chicken broth, 1/3 c of lemon juice- about 2 lemons (I always add more because I like it extra lemony), 1/4 c dry white wine, 1/4 c capers drained and rinsed, 2 tbs parsley.

Directions:
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and set aside. Heat butter and olive oil to med heat and add the chicken in batches. Cook 3 minutes each side until lightly browned, then set aside. When finished cooking all the chicken, add chicken broth, lemon juice, white wine, and capers to the pan and heat to a boil, then simmer. Add chicken and cook another 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place chicken over pasta and pour the sauce on top. I like to sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite recipes too.
    I sometimes add artichokes.
    When I'm not eating carb at night
    this is wonderful served over steamed
    spinach or kale.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete