Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spinach and Cheese Pinwheels

I made this recipe up because I had random cuts of puff pastry leftover from the Beef Wellington. Super easy. Great as a side, appetizer, or for entertaining.

Ingredients: puff pastry defrosted, chopped spinach, crumbled blue cheese, walnuts. Measurements will vary based on how much puff pastry you have left. I just started with a small bowl and added handfuls when I ran out.

Directions: If available, cut puff pastry into long 1 in wide strips. I used the leftover triangles and squares cut off from the Beef Wellington and used those too, just making triangle/square shaped pockets. Chop up spinach or swiss chard. Mix in crumbled cheese and nuts. Pour mixture onto puff pastry then carefully roll it up away from you into a roll. Place down on baking dish and bake for 10 minutes at 425.

No comments:

Post a Comment